Monday, January 17, 2011

Here we go, one more time...

Inspired to start using this little blog again. (thanks Arielle!)

Duluth has become home. It's a hill covered in snirt (snow/dirt) and I love it!

The new year has gotten me thinking about resolutions and goals. I'm not so into the new years resolution thing, though it seems hard not to think about it, so here I go.
  • School - Yeah that's a little vague, but at this point even starting feels big to me. I have started the process of applying to LSC to start in the Fall of 2011! A good start to a good goal.
  • I would like to become better with money, and work on my debt (mostly med bills). I am working on it and I know it's not something I am going to figure out in one day. Now to make a budget, and the hard part....sticking to it.
  • This next one is something I struggle with. Fitness. I would like to join a gym. I don't struggle with this because I think its hard, or because I feel embarrassed about my body. I love my body, and the reason I want to go to the gym is not to change the way it looks. I struggle because I don't want to interact with people who think I'm going to the gym to change my appearance. I don't want people to start weight loss conversations with me, thinking we have something in common. This already happens in the world outside the gym I can't even imagine what it would be like in. Not all fat people want to loose weight. OK? I guess it's just a time to buck up, possibly pull out a pocked of one liners to respond, and just do what I wanna do.
  • Organization, and getting rid of the shit that's clogging my life.
I have a feeling about 2011. I think it will be a year of good things.

No comments: